Austin Physician Licensing Lawyers
Physician Licensing Defense
Doctors are licensed by the Texas Board of Medical Examiners. At Rivas Goldstein LLP, located in Austin, we represent physicians before the board in all matter related to their licensing. Our attorneys have represented many physicians in a wide range of licensing and credentialing issues. In addition to licensing matters, we handle issues such as hospital privileges, Medicare certifications, peer review proceedings and much more.
Protecting Careers and Reputations
Physician licensing matters can crop up at any time during a doctor’s career. When they do, the stress caused can impact your work. We encourage you to come to us so that we can handle these issues and allow you to focus on your practice. Our Austin attorneys provide advocacy and counsel on issues such as:
- Application for initial license, including collecting any documentation and testimony required
- License defense
- Representation before the Texas Board of Medical Examiners in disciplinary actions and investigations
- Criminal charges such as inappropriate sexual conduct or fraud
- Drug and alcohol issues, including identifying facilities for chemical dependency treatment of impaired physicians
- Medical staff privilege hearings
- Physician peer review proceedings
- Stark law and anti-kickback violations or consults
Our lawyers understand the seriousness of disciplinary matters and seek to protect our clients’ licenses and ability to practice medicine. Physicians who are being investigated should contact an attorney quickly to protect their Texas medical licenses.
Our law firm also represents physician group practices in a wide range of matters. We are familiar with the extensive operational issues that affect large group practices on a daily basis, and we are experienced in providing counsel and advice relating to group practice issues.
Contact a Texas Medical License Defense Attorney
If you are facing disciplinary action by the Texas Board of Medical Examiners, call us at 512-481-2916 to speak with an experienced physician license defense attorney. You may also contact our Austin law firm online.