A physician’s license is incredibly valuable. The time and effort it takes to obtain the license is immense — but losing it only takes one moment. When a physician’s license is threatened by a complex case, or a physician group practice comes under attack by a lawsuit, it is imperative for the individual or the group to consult with an attorney that is well versed in health care law.
In both the state and the city of New York, the names to know are Rivas Goldstein. Our firm has advocated on behalf of individuals and businesses that want to protect their medical license from a bevy of potential issues, such as:
- Investigations related to an Office of Professional Misconduct claim
- Purchasing or selling your health care business
- Any audits or issues related to your medical license
- Matters relating to fraud, Medicaid and Medicare, and any reimbursement or billing disputes and issues
- Any issues relating to anti-kickback laws or compliance violations or allegations
- Preparing compliance manuals, defending lawsuits, or general assistance in forming a business
- How to lease, purchase, and utilize equipment, including hardware and software vendors
- Numerous other issues relating to health care litigation and legal issues
There is so much at stake for the individual or the physician group when a compliance issue or a matter relating to their medical license arises. This is no time to bury your head in the sand and wish the issue would just go away. now is the time to fight for your rights, and at Rivas Goldstein, we can be by your side during this anxious time.